Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Knitting Adventures: My First Jumper, a progress report

Happy Daisy Knitting
If you follow me on twitter or instagram (or just bump into me on the street to be honest) you'll know that I'm currently knitting my very first jumper! I can't stop talking about it, haha. Normally I stick to smaller projects like hats or socks - I like instant gratification, if a project takes me too long, my mind starts to wander - I have a tendency to get halfway through knitting something and then find something else I want to make (that's obviously ten times more fabulous than the work currently on my needles)... we won't talk about my collection of 'life's work' projects - mainly blankets that I'll be knitting until I'm eighty!
Happy Daisy Knitting
Happy Daisy Knitting
However, I have wanted to make a jumper for so long, and I've finally plucked up the courage! I've knitted the back and the front and half a sleeve. I have a sleeve-and-a-half to finish, as well as the yoked neck, but the end is in sight! It's taken me about two and a half weeks (and a lot of DVD boxsets) so far.
Happy Daisy Knitting
Happy Daisy Knitting
This is a really easy pattern, a lot of stocking stitch which does get a little bit repetitive after a while, but it's good for knitting on the go! I'm aiming to get a sleeve done this week, a sleeve done next week and finish it off the week after, but it all depends on what else is going on - apparently there's a life outside knitting?! A ♥

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could bum into u and talk about knitting ur jumper :) cant wait to see u over summer :) miss u

    Holly xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...