Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Knitting Adventures: Kool Aid Mittens

Happy Daisy Knitting Kool Aid Mittens
Remember this yarn that I dyed? Well, I've been saving it up for the right project - something small as I only had 100g of DK weight yarn - too thick for socks, not enough for a large scale project, so I decided on mittens*. 
Happy Daisy Knitting Kool Aid Mittens
I knitted a couple of pairs of mittens for Christmas presents last year, making up the pattern as I went along, but after knitting my basket weave socks, I thought I'd incorporate a little of that into the mix, and although the colours overpower it a little, I'm really pleased with how they worked out. 
Happy Daisy Knitting Kool Aid Mittens
Here are a couple of work-in-progress pictures - it was really fun to watch the colours change as I knitted it up...
Happy Daisy Knitting Kool Aid Mittens
Happy Daisy Knitting Kool Aid Mittens
I love Kool Aid Dyeing and that's a fact! A ♥

* you might think it's a little out of season for mittens, but you can't be too prepared for English weather, 'summer' or not!

4 comments:

  1. They are super rad! you even made the pattern up yourself? you are my idol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Meghan, it's super easy :) When I've perfected it a bit, I'm probably going to post it here - so you can try your hand at making a pair!

      Delete
    2. I will do that! What thickness of wool did you use? I happen to have some 8ply I hand dyed that would be perfection.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...