Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

Under, Over


Happy Daisy Weaving Loom Yarn
Firstly, thankyou to the people who left me lovely comments on my last post. I'm glad I'm not alone in finding art school hard, and I'm not going to rush into anything right away. Tonight however, I wanted to share something I've been having some fun with over the last couple of weeks - weaving. 
Happy Daisy Weaving Loom Yarn
Happy Daisy Weaving Loom Yarn
I did some large scale "Fine-Art" weavings for my A Levels, what seems like forever ago, but this is the first time I've sat down to make detailed work on a small, homemade loom.
Happy Daisy Weaving Loom Yarn
Happy Daisy Weaving Loom Yarn
I constructed my loom out of an old frame, some tacks, yarn and a ruler. It's not perfect, but it works fine. I'm still working on how to change colours mid-row and how to make shapes, but it's fun and fiddly and I'm enjoying it.

I hope you're having a nice weekend! I'm going on an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow with some work friends and my boyfriend is home on Monday. The longest week ever is nearly over!
A ♥

1 comment:

  1. I really love these colours in your weaving - it looks beautiful so far. My mother-in-law used to weave, I'm hoping that I can learn from her some time! I also hope that you feel better at Art School very soon, it's so hard when you don't feel happy in what you're doing, even if it is a (hopefully!) temporary feeling. Some of what you described is all too familiar to me, so I really sympathise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...